If you want to turn your cake baking hobby into a business but you’re not sure where to start, or maybe you’ve set it up but are struggling to get sales, then these workshops / online packs are perfect for you.
Due to popular demand from customers who cannot attend our in-store workshops, we now have a downloadable pack available for Part 1: Setting up a Cake Business
ONLINE PACK DOWNLOAD: Setting up a Cake Business
Upon payment of this pack, you will be able to download all the files online you need from our website. These include: Setting up a cake business notes (contents listed below), Allergen Stickers Template, Sample Accounts Spreadsheet, Cake Contract Word Doc, Cake Disclaimer Word Doc.
- The legal requirements of setting up a cake business
- Registering with the council and business insurance
- Requirements for a food businesses
- Accounting (including an accounting template)
- Pricing (including a cake pricing template)
- Cake Contracts and dealing with disputes
Once you have checked out, you will be taken to an “Order received” page where your files will be visible to download. If you want to download your files another time, they can always be accessed by logging into your online account at the top right menu of the website, then clicking “My Account” then “Downloads”.
PART 2: Marketing your Business & Increasing your sales
- Setting up a basic website
- Setting up Social Media Pages
- Getting engagement and fans on social media (without paying for sponsored posts)
- Partnering with local businesses
- SEO (search engine optimisation)
- Blogging and newsletters
This class is taught by Jemma, the founder of Iced Jems Shop and Baking Blog. Prior to starting Iced Jems, Jemma previously ran a Social Media Consultancy, advising small businesses and PR firms on Social Media best practice.