- Date: Sunday 27th September
- Time: 10am – 2pm (please feel free to arrive from 9:45am to grab a drink and get settled)
- Location: Iced Jems Shop and Cake Decorating School, Dudley Road, West Midlands, DY9 8DU (for more information on the location, please click here).
- What to bring: Just yourself!
Please make sure you have read and agree to our new COVID safe changes before booking on!
- Upon entry to the classroom, you will be given a mandatory non-contact temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of over 38 degrees will not be able attend the class.
- Your contact details will be kept on file for 21 days after the class in case you should need to be contacted by the government track and trace team.
- Masks must be worn throughout the duration of the class over your nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on arrival into the classroom and will also be available at workstations. There are three hand washing stations available, one in the kitchen, one in the hallway into the bathroom and one in the bathroom.
- A deep clean will take place before every class and sanitising wipes will be provided at workstations to use throughout the day.
- Refreshments – We will not be able to serve you refreshments like we usually would. But all our facilities are still available to use. So you can make yourself a cup of tea or lovely coffee in a disposable cup following the instructions on the posters provided. You will need to clean the equipment with a sanitising wipe before and after use. You can of course bring your own refreshments or grab some from Subway next door. We will also be providing bottled soft drinks.
- Aprons – Clean aprons will be laid out on chairs for you prior to the class (but you are welcome to bring your own). Once you have finished with your apron for the day, simply drop it into the box marked “used aprons” so these can be deep cleaned.
- Class sizes will be limited for safety and in line with government rules.
*Perfect for beginners, if you haven’t covered a cake before that’s no problem! We will cover everything in class. If you have some experience but want to give your cakes a better professional finish this class is also perfect for you!*
If covering cakes gives you nightmares and you find yourself with tears, lumps and bumps, join our tutor Georgia on this fantastic class and learn how to cover your cakes and give them a professional sharp finish. You will also learn how to make 3D ribbon and streamer details – perfect for any future celebration cakes. Everything is provided for you, a freshly baked madeira cake will be waiting for you to transform! We also provide a box and board to take your cake home.
During the class, you will learn how to:
- Level and crumb coat a cake with buttercream
- Cover a cake in sugar paste (fondant) for a smooth finish
- Give your cake sharp edges for a professional look
- Make 3D Ribbon and Streamer Decorations
- Cover your board and add finishing touches
All classes are non-refundable once booked.