- Date: Wednesday 2nd March 2022
- Time: 5:30pm – 9pm (please feel free to arrive from 5:15pm to grab a drink and get settled)
- Location: Iced Jems Shop and Cake Decorating School, Dudley Road, West Midlands, DY9 8DU (for more information on the location, please click here).
- What to bring: Just yourself!
*Perfect for beginners, if you haven’t covered a cake before that’s no problem! We will cover everything in class. If you have some experience but want to give your cakes a better professional finish this class is also perfect for you!*
If covering cakes gives you nightmares and you find yourself with tears, lumps and bumps, join us on our half day class and learn how to cover your cakes and give them a professional sharp finish. You will also learn how to make 3D ribbon and streamer details – perfect for any future celebration cakes. Everything is provided for you, a freshly baked madeira cake will be waiting for you to transform! We also provide a box and board to take your cake home.
During the class, you will learn how to:
- Level and crumb coat a cake with buttercream
- Cover a cake in sugar paste (fondant) for a smooth finish
- Give your cake sharp edges for a professional look
- Make 3D Ribbon and Streamer Decorations
- Cover your board and add finishing touches
All classes are non-refundable once booked.
When booking onto this class, please select ‘Collect in Store’ as your shipping method to avoid courier fees. You will receive an ‘order complete’ email once we have registered your space for class – please ignore this as this is for our records only. We don’t physically send out any items to you prior to class as all of our classes are taught in-person and you do not need to bring anything with you. We will email you a few days before class with all the details – please remember check your junk folder.