- Date: Sunday 1st December
- Time: 10am – 2pm (please feel free to arrive from 9:45am to grab a drink and get settled)
- Location: Iced Jems Shop and Cake Decorating School, Dudley Road, West Midlands, DY9 8DU (for more information on the location, please click here).
- What to bring: Just yourself!
*Perfect for beginners, if you haven’t covered a cake before that’s no problem! We will cover everything in class. If you have some experience but want to give your cakes a better professional finish this class is also perfect for you!*
If covering cakes gives you nightmares and you find yourself with tears, lumps and bumps, join our tutor (and Iced Jems owner) Jemma on our evening class and learn how to cover your cakes and give them a professional sharp finish. You will also learn how to make 3D ribbon and streamer details – perfect for any future celebration cakes. Everything is provided for you, a freshly baked madeira cake will be waiting for you to transform! We also provide a box and board to take your cake home.
During the class, you will learn how to:
- Level and crumb coat a cake with buttercream
- Cover a cake in sugar paste (fondant) for a smooth finish
- Give your cake sharp edges for a professional look
- Make 3D Ribbon and Streamer Decorations
- Cover your board and add finishing touches
All classes are non-refundable once booked.