- Date: Wednesday 9th February 2022
- Time: 6pm – 9pm (please feel free to arrive from 5:45pm to get a drink and get settled)
- Location: Iced Jems Shop and Cake Decorating School, Dudley Road, West Midlands, DY9 8DU (for more information on the location, please click here).
- What to bring: Just yourself! All ingredients and aprons are provided.
Learn how to decorate this yummy overload cake with our Iced Jems tutor, Georgia! During this class, you will learn how to split, fill and crumb coat a sponge cake. You will be taught techniques for creating a smooth finish with your buttercream, followed by a candy melt drip and arranging your chocolates & sweets onto your cake. You will be provided with a box and board to take your cake home.
This is a great class that covers several different skill sets and each student will take home a decorated sponge cake. Skills taught during the class:
- Splitting and filling a sponge cake
- Crumb coating
- Getting a smooth finish with buttercream
- How to drip candy melts onto a cake
- Piping Buttercream Swirls
- Arranging sweets & chocolates
All classes are non-refundable once booked.
When booking onto this class, please select ‘Collect in Store’ as your shipping method to avoid courier fees. You will receive an ‘order complete’ email once we have registered your space for class – please ignore this as this is for our records only. We don’t physically send out any items to you prior to class as all of our classes are taught in-person and you do not need to bring anything with you. We will email you a few days before class with all the details – please remember check your junk folder.