Our West Midlands Store:
From Monday 15th June 2020, our West Midlands store will re-open following government guidelines on Social Distancing. There will be lots of changes to our normal shopping experience, we’ve listed these below for you:
- HOURS – Our hours are now back to normal! 10am-5pm Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday, 12pm-7pm Wednesday and 10am-4pm Saturday! We also have click and collect open 1pm-4pm each day.
- TWO QUEUES – Both our Click & Collect window and store will be open during all the above opening hours. Please queue to the left of the main store to shop in store and outside the kitchen/classroom for Click & Collect. (This will end on Saturday 12th September, when Click & Collect will move back to our main store area).
- CARD ONLY – To reduce possible risk of transmission between customers and staff, we will only be accepting card payments.
- BASKET CLEANING STATION – As you enter the store on the left, there is a station where you can sanitise any baskets you wish to use while shopping.
- CUSTOMER LIMITS – This is our biggest change, but we know how hard it can be to safely social distance while shopping and it only takes one customer to ruin it for others. We decided it would be a much more enjoyable shopping experience for you if you can wonder the shop freely and get what you need, rather than constantly worrying about people being close by. This also makes it much safer for our staff members in store. Do not enter the store until another customer has left or you are called in by a member of staff.
- PICK’N’MIX WALL CLOSED – We have emptied our pick’n’mix wall for now, as this is an area that would have a high volume.
- NO CAKE TIN HIRE – Due to the nature of cake tin hire which involves handling of cash for deposits and returning of items, we will not be offering cake tin hire until it is deemed safe.
- STAFF PROTECTION – Staff will be wearing PPE at all times and will be safely behind the till point while you shop in store, or behind the doors and table at the click & collect point. We have a splash screen at the till point and a clear area to the left of the till point where you can place your items for scanning. Please bear in mind that staff are trying to protect themselves and their families from the virus too, so won’t be able to leave the till area like they usually would to shop round with you.
- CLICK & COLLECT – We are encouraging any customers who can to continue using Click & Collect which can be collected from our main store till point, simply place your order by 11am for same day collection. If you place your order after 11am, you can collect it the next day (unless it’s a Sunday when we are closed).
Online Orders: We are still shipping online orders via our Tracked Courier DHL which covers any parcel up to 20kg. We are working hard to process orders within 1-2 days of receiving them. Once the courier receives your parcel, the service is typically Next Working Day (not weekends or Bank Holidays) but obviously couriers are experiencing high demand at the moment and also some staff sickness / isolation so sometimes this won’t be Next Working Day and may take an extra day or two. For their safety, couriers have to leave parcels in a safe place and take a photo which is uploaded to the tracking details. If you are not happy to have your parcel left in a safe place, you must write a note on the order stating this.
CAKE DECORATING CLASSES: We have started up our Cake Decorating Classes with some changes for safety.
- Upon entry to the classroom, you will be given a mandatory non-contact temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of over 38 degrees will not be able attend the class.
- Your contact details will be kept on file for 21 days after the class in case you should need to be contacted by the government track and trace team.
- Masks must be worn throughout the duration of the class over your nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on arrival into the classroom and will also be available at workstations.
- There are three hand washing stations available, one in the kitchen, one in the hallway into the bathroom and one in the bathroom.
A deep clean will take place before every class and sanitising wipes will be provided at workstations to use throughout the day.
- Refreshments – We will not be able to serve you refreshments like we usually would. But all our facilities are still available to use. So you can make yourself a cup of tea or lovely coffee in a disposable cup following the instructions on the posters provided. You will need to clean the equipment with a sanitising wipe before and after use. You can of course bring your own refreshments or grab some from Subway next door. We will also be providing bottled soft drinks.
- Aprons – Clean aprons will be laid out on chairs for you prior to the class (but you are welcome to bring your own). Once you have finished with your apron for the day, simply drop it into the box marked “used aprons” so these can be deep cleaned.