Our West Midlands Store:
Up to Saturday 13th June 2020, we will have a Click & Collect option only available – Monday – Saturday 1-4pm. Please place your order online before 11am to collect the same day.
From Monday 15th June 2020, our West Midlands store will re-open following government guidelines on Social Distancing. There will be lots of changes to our normal shopping experience, we’ve listed these below for you:
- NEW HOURS – we will open up each morning an hour later than our Pre COVID-19 hours to give us time to setup the queue barriers and pick all click & collect orders before opening. New hours are: Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday 11am – 5pm |Wednesday 1pm – 7pm | Saturday 11am – 4pm.
- TWO QUEUES – Both our Click & Collect window and store will be open during all the above opening hours. Please queue to the left of the main store to shop in store and outside the kitchen/classroom for Click & Collect.
- CARD ONLY – To reduce possible risk of transmission between customers and staff, we will only be accepting card payments.
- BASKET CLEANING STATION – As you enter the store on the left, there is a station where you can sanitise any baskets you wish to use while shopping.
- ONE CUSTOMER AT A TIME (unless you require special assistance) – This is our biggest change, but we know how hard it can be to safely social distance while shopping and it only takes one customer to ruin it for others. We decided it would be a much more enjoyable shopping experience for you if you can wonder the shop freely and get what you need, rather than constantly worrying about people being close by. This also makes it much safer for our staff members in store. Please do not visit with friends / family / children, if you cannot shop alone you use our click & collect window instead. Do not enter the store until another customer has left or you are called in by a member of staff.
- POTENTIAL TIME LIMITS – Because of our one customer at a time rule, if there is a long queue, we may have to limit your visit to 10 minutes to make it fair for everyone. Furthermore, if you have been on site for more than 1 hour, let our staff behind the till know your car registration number to input into the parking system so you don’t receive a ticket.
- PICK’N’MIX WALL CLOSED – We have emptied our pick’n’mix wall for now, as this is an area that would have a high volume.
- NO CAKE TIN HIRE – Due to the nature of cake tin hire which involves handling of cash for deposits and returning of items, we will not be offering cake tin hire until it is deemed safe.
- STAFF PROTECTION – Staff will be wearing PPE at all times and will be safely behind the till point while you shop in store, or behind the doors and table at the click & collect point. We have a splash screen at the till point and a clear area to the left of the till point where you can place your items for scanning. Please bear in mind that staff are trying to protect themselves and their families from the virus too, so won’t be able to leave the till area like they usually would to shop round with you.
- CLICK & COLLECT – We are encouraging any customers who can to continue using Click & Collect, simply place your order by 11am for same day collection. If you place your order after 11am, you can collect it the next day (unless it’s a Sunday when we are closed). Click and collect hours from Monday 15th June will be: Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday 11am – 5pm |Wednesday 1pm – 7pm | Saturday 11pm – 4pm. The Click & Collect point is from our classroom unit doorway and has a separate queue to the main store, simply provide your order number and name at the collection point and your order will be placed on the table for you. Please stand behind the table while the place your order down and wait for them to step back before picking it up.
Online Orders: We are still shipping online orders via our Tracked Courier DHL which covers any parcel up to 20kg. We are working hard to process orders within 1-2 days of receiving them. Once the courier receives your parcel, the service is typically Next Working Day (not weekends or Bank Holidays) but obviously couriers are experiencing high demand at the moment and also some staff sickness / isolation so sometimes this won’t be Next Working Day and may take an extra day or two. For their safety, couriers have to leave parcels in a safe place and take a photo which is uploaded to the tracking details. If you are not happy to have your parcel left in a safe place, you must write a note on the order stating this.
CAKE DECORATING CLASSES: We are still awaiting government guidance on when our cake decorating classes resume, currently they do not fall under any of the activities which can safely be resumed.